To those of you who struggle like M on a daily basis, I wanted to share some words that I believe can challenge and encourage you in the midst of self-esteem challenges. I strongly believe that God does not desire for us to stay in that muddy place of anxiety and confusion. He wants to pull us out of the pit. A huge portion of that journey is believing what HE says about you in His Word. But the words of others can also encourage us and remind us that others have hurt and found victory. Here are some of my favorites. I hope you check out one of them.
2. The Search for Significance by Robert McGee
3. Graceful by Emily P. Freeman
5. Redefining Beautiful: What God Sees When God Sees You by Jenna and Max Lucado
6. Perfectly Unique by Annie F. Downs
7. Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy
8. Me, Myself, & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild
9. 2nd Corinthians chapter 10 (especially verses 4-5)
“You are a beloved creation of the God of the heavens, that created you just like you are. When you look in the mirror and you don’t like what you see, you need to remember that the God who remade this sunset right here, He formed you in your mother’s womb, every part of who you are. And there’s nothing to be ashamed of, there’s nothing to look at and say,
“It’s not beautiful.”
You can’t look at some airbrushed picture of someone who doesn’t even look like that in real life and compare yourself to that. That’s not the reality of life. But what you are, is perfectly made by God of the heavens and He meant it on purpose.”
― Lacey Mosley
Happy Friday, Friends.