For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Best Thanksgiving Memories:
- Getting to drink soda. (It was easy to get me to say thanks.)
- Going to a movie every year… nice tradition.
- Spending it freezing in Jamaica.
- Almost rolling over when the car was stuck in the snow in New Mexico (no yelling by my parents in this moment.)
- Sledding in the sand dunes of White Sands, New Mexico.
- Filet Mignon instead of Turkey one year.
- Snorkeling in Mexico and eating on the beach.
- Turkey Sandwiches in Ohio with D’s family.
- Really fun times with cousins.
- Standing in a giant circle dressed up, holding hands, and praying together.
- Precious times with loved ones.
- Going around the table and saying what we were thankful for.
- Having so many reasons to give thanks.
The only common denominator about Thanksgiving in our house regarding “plans” tended to be getting dressed up to eat. I’m pretty sure the time changes, the relatives change, and what we do during the day changes as well. Some years we’ve gone to see a movie, one year we were on a cruise, football is generally on, and we sit at the table long enough for Grandma Ann to force feed a fifth course of food into my dad. The constant in three decads of Thanksgiving is the One from who all the blessings flow!
“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.” Psalm 136:1
What’s one of your favorite Thanksgiving memories?