I’m finally back after a whirlwind trip to Texas. We had a fabulous time seeing family and friends, and I had an encouraging time speaking at the conference. I felt very loved and supported. My child was held around the clock. My book was promoted and I was rewarded with hugs and quick conversations with loyal friends. Other than the exhaustion, I really can’t complain! Making it to the grocery store was a huge achievement yesterday! I have lots of writing to work on, but I’ve taken the past two days to just be with my daughter. We’ve played together, and I’ve rocked her for every nap during the day. It just feels right. My Bible study class was just talking about saying “no” to some things in order to say “yes.” Work has had my yes for almost the past month. My family was due for some quality time!
Random list for the weekend.
1. Tricia Goyer interviewed me on her Living Inspired online radio program. Woohoo! We discussed my book, motherhood, and embarrassing moments. You can find the archive of the interview here. It also looks like if you follow the link and look at the bottom of the page, you can enter a drawing to win a copy of my book. Free = Win.
2. Hubs and I snuck away for an early anniversary date. We went to a movie theater that serves food and enjoyed burgers and the movie, Captain Phillips. It was a tense but really well made movie. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the movie and also appreciated that the language wasn’t extreme. I think we are going to check out Gravity for our post-anniversary date this weekend. Have you seen any movies lately that you’d recommend?
3. Highs are in the 80’s in Phoenix now. Thank you, Lord! We are celebrating the cooler weather a few weeks behind the rest of the country. I did jump on the bandwagon and purchase some pumpkin spice creamer. I made dinner in the crock pot last night. If you are looking for an easy winner, check out this recipe. Delish. (I don’t like the word yummy or the phrase nom-nom. Neither sound appetizing to me. I know… random. You’re welcome.)
4. I spoke at 11:00pm last Friday evening. I KNOW. I’m impressed too. I can’t remember the last time I willingly stayed up past midnight.
5. I have a new favorite song. Build your Kingdom Here by Rend Collective. I made both a Pandora and an iTunes Radio station based on the song. It’s Mumford & Sons meets Gungor. And now that I’ve watched the music video… it’s pretty Mumford. Muy Bueno. What’s your latest new music wins?
6. I think it’s time for a giveaway. Yep. That’s in the works for next week. Check back in on Tuesday for details and the chance to win an e-book version of my book.
7. Wish us luck. We are taking a 3 month-old to a pumpkin patch tonight, because that’s what you do during this time of year, right? RIGHT?!
8. YOU have a fabulous weekend, you hear?!