My google reader is quickly filling up with entries to read, but I’ve managed to save and star some of my favorite posts from August and September. So, if you haven’t read these yet, I would totally recommend them.
1. From “Thinking Through Christianity” : The Theological Importance of Reading Fiction. Two of my favorite things combined in one post: Renea McKenzie and reading fiction!
2. From “Beck. And Call” : Emotions. A Pine Cove Forge graduate and her thoughts on what to do with our freight train of emotions!
3. Another Pine Cove connection… from “Following to Lead” : What does it look like to make disciples? A quote from the post: “So what does it look like to make a disciple? Simple answer: It looks different for everyone. Jesus didn’t give us a specific plan on how to do this. Discipleship, to Jesus, was about relationship. It wasn’t about communicating information. It was about shaping the hearts of his followers.”
4. From “Love and Respect Now” : Ask Joy: Billy Doesn’t Date. Joy is hilarious and speaks God’s truth in an authentic and approachable way. This is one of my favorite videos yet. Totally worth your time.
5. I love Annie Parsons. If my google reader indicates that “Hootenannie” has a new post, I read that before anything else. Sometimes she makes me laugh, sometimes she makes me cry. This time she made me beam and nod my head, YES. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” You can read about jumping out of a plane here: My One Wild and Precious Life.
Have a favorite post from the month? Share in the comment section below!
Happy Reading and Happy Friday!
P.S. Next week starting Monday morning: a new series AND a giveaway. Be there.