I just finished a read through of the book of Proverbs. Whew. That’s a lot of good-some (yes, good-some) wisdom to digest. I started thinking about some of the best one-liners that I’ve treasured in my heart and mind over the past decade. Moves, college, heartaches, triumphs, first jobs, a trek to the desert, loss, opportunities, disappointment, love, purpose… through it all God has used the voices of family, friends, co-workers, authors, pastors, and even strangers to give me additional wisdom to my arsenal. His voice has been the clearest, but I wanted to just share a few of my favorite truth bits that I’ve come to claim and believe for my own life. Be sure to comment with some of the truth bits or verses that help you wade through this life!
1. Everyone has bad days at work.
2. God says, “Know ME” and not “Know Thyself.”
3. God-esteem over self-esteem every time.
4. It is not good to be controlled by anything.
5. Live above reproach.
6. All things are lawful, but not all things are beneficial.
7. It is better to be anything deprived rather than God deprived.
8. There’s no benefit to anyone else when I try and appear perfect.
9. Why Abram? Maybe, simply, because he would GO.
10. We are not those who shrink back, but those who believe and are saved.
11. Gather experiences, not things.
12. Fear is not a valid excuse.
13. Singleness is not a condition or something to be endured.
14. GO until you get a no.
15. God is pleased with you BECAUSE he is pleased with His Son.
16. God cannot love you any more or any less than He does right now.
17. When reality and expectations don’t match up… all that’s left is disappointment.
18. God speaks to us in different ways. Listen for your story.
19. Open up your hands.
20. The type of bait you use determines the fish you will catch.
21. Quiet tension is not trust, it is simply compressed anxiety.
22. Comparison is the thief of joy.
23. Enthusiasm covers a multitude of sins.
24. Talk less, listen more, and ask lots of questions.
25. Eating ice cream for dinner is totally fine and completely worth it.
26. God is the only one who can complete you.
27. If you want to win big, you have to risk big.
28. Few great things were ever accomplished by sitting on a couch and watching T.V.
29. Get out of the car and go make new friends.
30. Relationships are seasonal… and that’s ok.
31. Worry accomplishes nothing.
32. Put your grocery cart back where it goes.
33. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray always.
34. Remember you are a work in progress.
35. Be quick to forgive.
36. Read God’s Word every day of the week… not just Sundays.
37. Eat your vegetables. Sometimes eat them with cheese.
38. Waiting for God’s timing is totally worth it.
39. Garbage in, garbage out.
40. Remember WHOSE you are, rather than just who you are.
There certainly are more, but number 46 is to remember that people only spend on average 1 minute and 47 seconds on single blog post. 😉
Jump in and share some more!